WorkCover SA manages the South Australian Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Scheme, which provides protection to workers and employers in the event of workplace injury. They aim to rehabilitate and compensate injured workers following a workplace injury and return them to safe workplaces and the community. They manage the State's workers rehabilitation and compensation scheme on behalf of about 50,000 employers and about 430,000 employees. They are subject to the control and direction of the Minister for Industrial Relations.
The office fit out of a new Head Office facility for 450+ workers with associated IT equipment with computers, monitors, phones, servers, switches, routers, and services. The Head Office provides several services 24/7, this meant that minimal disruptions and tight timeframes were available to conduct the fit out and relocation.
AML was engaged to:
- Deliver a departmental fit out of a new site with a layout that encourages both individual and collaborative work.
- Create an efficient and comfortable work environment that promotes flexibility and mobility.
- Ensure staff buy-in to the fit out and relocation and giving people a sense of belonging; promote a more social environment.
- Ensure the workspace can be quickly and economically adapted to suit changing business operations and structures with minimal cost and disruption.
- Ensure the new fit out conveys the desired image and company brand values.
- Manage the design, logistics and tendering for all aspects of the fit out.
- Oversee the office relocation of 450+ users to new Adelaide premises, including computers, phones, and printer equipment.
- To meet a strict overall project deadline, the move commenced at 6pm Friday through to late Monday night (over a long weekend)to ensure the provision of a seamless customer service experience and maintaining staff productivity.
- Relocate entire server infrastructure for the main Adelaide office which hosts services for all sites:
- All desktop phone services.
- Internet services.
- Core business applications for multiple regional sites.
- Project Management
- Logistics Advice